Global Climate Finance (https://globalclimatefinance.org) is a site operated by Global Investor Media Limited, a company registered in England with registered company number – 8640821. Our registered headquarters address is:- Global Climate Finance, 372 Old Street, Suite 132, London, EC1V 9AU
1. Your use of our Website
Whilst Global Climate Finance and its agents and affiliates have done their best to ensure the accuracy of data and information contained within this website, it does not assume, and hereby disclaims any liability for any loss or damage caused by errors or omissions, whether such errors or omissions resulted from negligence, accident or other causes.
This website is offered to you conditional on your acceptance without modification of the terms, conditions, and notices contained herein. Your use of this website constitutes your agreement to all such terms, conditions, and notices.
2. Use limitation
This website is for your personal use and you may copy data and information from it, distribute, transmit and/or reproduce content provided appropriate citation, acknowledgment and or brand association regarding origin of source within the web site, electronic web link(s) to the website and copyright notices are included.
Also permitted is limited not-for-financial-reward reproduction and transmission to colleagues, co-workers and other industry members. You may not modify, create derivative works, transfer, or sell any data or information from it to third parties without prior written permission from a senior officer of Global Climate Finance.
The GCF website may contain bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, forums, vertical communities and/or other message or communication facilities (collectively known as “Communities”), you agree to use the Communities only to send and receive messages and material that are proper and related to the particular forum and you agree by way of example, not as a limitation, that when using a Community, you will not: defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others; publish, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material, data or information; upload files that contain material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents to upload files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer conduct; forward or link Global Climate Finance information or data to pyramid schemes or chain letters.
3. Third-party content
The Global Climate Finance website offers access to a number of third party web pages and content. The company has no control whatsoever over the content of such sites. Third party content accessible through the website from such sources is developed by people over whom Global Climate Finance exercises no control.
Certain Products and Services on this website may request the user to register, subscribe or to provide feedback as well as providing certain data. Upon registering, subscribing or entering feedback information, you may receive other access codes to which the user is responsible for maintaining confidentiality. Global Climate Finance respect the privacy of personal data and contact information received will only be passed to other parties where distribution consent has been given or implied.
The above provisions constitute the entire agreement between the user and Global Climate Finance with respect to this website and it supersedes all prior communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral or written, between the user and the company in respect to this website. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ALL ADVERTISEMENTS & TABLE BOOKING
All media orders, including; table booking accepted by the Publisher are subject to these conditions. The media order contract and these standard terms and conditions contain all of the terms that the parties have agreed in this transaction.
In the event that any terms upon the media order contract conflict with those hereunder, the terms upon the media order contract shall prevail. Any other proposed term, amendment or variation shall be void unless specifically agreed to in writing by the Publisher. Printed or On-line conditions on Clients’ and/or their agent’s insertion orders shall not be recognized as binding.
In these conditions:
- “PUBLISHER” means the Global Investor Media Limited or any of its subsidiary companies and divisions.
- “CLIENT” means that party booking the Advertisement or an agent who acts on behalf of the company for whom the Advertisement was booked and who is responsible for payment of all the monies concerned with that transaction.
- “ADVERTISEMENT” means display, online, email, branding, including; special features, opinion editorial, inserts and supplements in any of the Publisher’s print or online publications, awards, events, or sponsorship products as well as audio-visual materials, including promotional videos.
- The Publisher reserves the right to refuse, amend, withdraw or otherwise deal with Advertisements submitted to it for good reason. All Advertisements must be legal, decent, honest and truthful to comply with the British Advertising Code of Practice. All Advertisements are accepted subject to the Publisher’s and/or their partner’s approval of copy and subject to the space being available. All inserts are accepted subject to the Publisher’s approval of the insert with regard to copy, size and weight.
- The Publisher will not be liable for any loss or damage, of any kind, occasioned by an error, late publication or the failure of an Advertisement to appear, or of a failure to perform any other obligation e.g. failure to distribute the publication due to errors made by the printer or any third-party hereunder, save in the cases occasioned by a direct act of dishonesty or serious and culpable negligence by the Publisher, in which case compensation may be negotiated up to the maximum of the cost of space booked and paid for by the Client.
- Whilst every care is taken to avoid mistakes the Publisher cannot accept liability for any errors due to the acts of third parties, sub-contractors or inaccurate instructions from the Client and/or any third party.
- The Publisher reserves the right, where necessary, to alter the date of publication, the medium for distribution, the positioning of any Advertisement, the partners in publishing (or supporting organizations), or make any other alteration as the Publisher sees fit.
- Advertisement rates are subject to revision at any time and orders are accepted on condition that the price binds the Publisher only in respect of the next issue to go to press.
- The Client warrants that the Advertisement does not contravene any Act of Parliament nor is it in any other way illegal or defamatory or an infringement of any other party’s rights or an infringement of the British Code of Advertising Practice.
- The Client will indemnify the Publisher against any damage and/or loss and/or expense that the Publisher may incur as a direct or indirect consequence of the Client’s Advertisement.
- The Client will indemnify the publisher fully in respect of any claim made against the Publisher arising from the Advertisement and/or insert. The Publisher will consult with the Client as to the way in which such claims are to be handled.
- Notwithstanding anything in these Conditions providing to the contrary neither the Publisher nor the Client shall be liable to each other for any loss or damage of any kind caused by or arising out of any Act of Parliament, Order in Council, Act of State, strike of employees, lock-out, trade dispute, enemy action, rioting, civil commotion, fire, force major, Act of God, failure to distribute the publication due to errors made by the printer or any third-party or other similar contingency beyond the control of either of them.
- Any complaints regarding the reproduction of an Advertisement must be in writing and be received by the Publisher within four (4) weeks of publication.
- Where the Publisher provides a reader Enquiry service for the benefit of its readers, it shall not be contractually bound to pass such enquiries to the Client.
- If an online Advertisement links to another site, the Client is responsible for the maintenance of the link and for the content of the linked site. The Publisher may remove any Advertisement that contains content or links to a site that, in the Publisher’s opinion, is defamatory or objectionable or will bring them into disrepute. The Client will indemnify the Publisher from and against any claims or liability arising from links contained in their Advertisement.
- If it is intended to include in an Advertisement a competition or a special offer of merchandise, other than that normally associated with the advertised product, full details must be submitted at the time of booking.
- English law is the law applicable to this agreement and the Courts of England shall have jurisdiction to settle any disputes that may arise out of or in connection with this agreement the parties agree to recognize and be bound by the decisions of the English courts.
- The Client shall hold harmless and indemnify the Publisher against any direct loss, damage, failure to distribute the publication due to errors made by the printer or any third-party, proceedings, claim, demand, cost, charge and expense (together “the Indemnified Loss”) brought or made against the Client or sustained or incurred by it arising from the failure of the Client to comply with any provisions of the terms hereunder save to the extent that the Indemnified Loss results from the acts or omissions of the Publisher.
- Direct Response Advertising, where products are sold off the page, shall only be accepted by prior written agreement with the Publisher. No response levels are claimed by the Publisher and in all cases the full rate charged for the Advertisement and/or insert shall apply regardless of the response achieved.
- Full payment is expected within Seven (7) working days from the date of invoice unless a special payment arrangement or an agreement has been reached in writing by the client and has been accepted by the publisher. If payment is not received after 7 working days, then, the “Publisher” or any of its subsidiary company reserves the right to charge the Client the full Rate Card of their package. The Client will be held liable to pay all expenses – debt recovery company, lawyer’s fee, commissions, and any other third party fees that are incurred by the Publisher and/or its partners in protecting their rights or enforcing the obligations of the Client in the terms hereunder.
- Any media order, including, tables and seats contract booked by email or a signed confirmation of order form cannot be cancelled and the Client shall indemnify the Company against all reasonable losses and expenses incurred by the Company as a result of such.
- It is the responsibility of the Client to supply copy in a format conforming to the Publisher’s mechanical specifications and/or special feature guidelines. The Publisher shall charge the Client for any amendments to copy or extra production work at a rate of £350 per hour wherever it is a result of the Client’s instructions or for any non-compliance with the mechanical specifications and/or special feature guidelines. The Publisher shall not be liable for any loss or damage resulting from any amendment made to any copy.
- Copy must be supplied by the Client without application from the Publisher on or before the stipulated copy deadline date and in this respect time is of the essence. In the event of copy not being received by the copy deadline date the Publisher reserves the right either to repeat the copy last used or for any new Client to treat the agreement as cancelled and to charge at the full rate.
- Where the Client has undertaken to supply inserts which have been accepted and approved by the Publisher, the Publisher reserves the right to charge at the full rate agreed for the insertion if they fail to arrive at the agreed time, place or in a suitable condition for insertion.
- The Publisher cannot accept requests from any Client for changes to copy and/or insertion dates unless these are confirmed in writing and in time for the changes to be made. The Publisher reserves the right to charge for any additional expense involved in such changes.
- Client’s property, advertising materials etc. are held at owners risk and should be insured by them against loss or damage from whatever cause. The Publisher reserves the right to destroy all materials which have been in his/her custody for 9 months from the date of its last appearance.
- STANDARD REQUIREMENTS – WE ACCEPT ONLY READY-TO-PRINT PDFx/1a FORMAT COPY MATERIALS
- Where the Client is an agent or subsidiary company, the Client warrants that it is authorised to place the Advertisement by that company or parent for whom the Advertisement was placed. If the agent or subsidiary company defaults on any outstanding monies then the company or parent for whom the Advertisement was placed shall be jointly and severally liable for the debt.
- Wherever an advertising agent places an order, this shall be accepted only on the condition that a full disclosure has been made to the Publisher as to the identity of the company on whose behalf the space has been booked. Should the Publisher omit or suspend an Advertisement on the grounds that the Client has failed to disclose the identity of the company on whose behalf the space has been booked or the product/services on offer, no claim on the part of the Client or the company on whose behalf the space has been booked for damages or breach of contract will arise. All Advertisements placed are subject to the Publisher’s (and/or any partner’s) approval.
- It is a condition of the agreement that the space may not be recharged to a Client at more than the agreed rate without the Publisher’s written consent to such increased charge.
- Recognized advertising agents will be allowed by the Publisher 10% commission on the quoted rates as appropriate, provided payment is made by the due date and all other requirements are strictly complied with
Our terms and conditions can change without notice, hence; it is your responsibility to check this website regularly for any changes and/or updates to our terms and conditions.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Global Climate Finance.
INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM YOU
Global Climate Finance may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms required accessing any part of or sites including but not limited to www.globalclimatefinance.org, or any such other related sites as may from time to time be necessary. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use any of our sites, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. You may also be asked for information when you report a problem with our site or when you enter competitions or promotions.
- If you contact Global Climate Finance, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Global Climate Finance may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
Although it is not compulsory for you to give us this information, without it Global Climate Finance may not be able to provide you with the full range of products and services which the website has to offer especially access to publications, booking events and conferences.
Global Climate Finance maintains this website to give people access to information about climate change and ways to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, and to connect the public and the private sectors, individuals, businesses, NGOs, etc together who are working to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Our goal is to keep this information timely and accurate. If errors are brought to our attention, we will correct them.
Global Climate Finance and its agents shall not be held liable for any damage whatsoever which may arise as a result of errors, omissions, or changes to the information appearing on this website. It your responsibility to check our website as frequently as possible for any changes and updates.
This website contains links and pointers to internet sites maintained by third parties. This website may also identify other groups or establishments. Neither Global Climate Finance, nor its subsidiaries or divisions, nor its agents, nor our partners or sponsors operate or control, in any respect, any information, products or services provide by these third-party sites, groups, or establishments. The inclusion of a link or the location of a third party site, group, or establishment does not imply any direct or indirect endorsement by us of that site, group, or establishment.
While Global Climate Finance tries to ensure that all information provided on this site does not contain computer viruses, you should take reasonable and appropriate precautions to scan for computer viruses and should ensure that you have a complete and current backup of the applicable items or information contained on your computer system. You should pay specific attention to some of the newer viruses that have been written to automatically execute when an infected document or file is loaded into certain programs.
CHANGES TO YOUR DETAILS
We will always aim to ensure that all information about you is as accurate as possible and not held for longer than necessary. If you would like to review or change the details you have supplied, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com
Global Climate Finance may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, Global Climate Finance may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
STORAGE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You are asked not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
By submitting your personal information you consent to the use of that information as set out in this policy.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
Global Climate Finance use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To send you information about our publications, lectures, conferences and other related products and services.
- To notify you about changes to our services.
- To verify your identity.
If you are an existing customer, from time to time we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail) with information about our services similar to those which were the subject of your interest.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Global Climate Finance may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case Global Climate Finance may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
The Global Climate Finance is one of the best leading climate change focused magazine, publishing cutting-edge, authoritative thinking on the key issues facing the C-level executives, investors, and stakeholders.
GCF’s articles cover a wide range of topics that are relevant to every major industries, and management regardless of their geographical locations. They focus on areas such as:
- Food & Agriculture
- Emission Trading
- Sustainable Cities
- Eco Travel & Tourism
While the topics may sometimes vary, all GCF articles share the same characteristics because they are written for senior managers by experts whose authority comes from careful analysis, study, and experience. The ideas presented in these articles can be translated into action and have been tested in the real world of business.
Articles demonstrating fresh new thinking that advances previous knowledge whose practical application has been thought through in clear, jargon-free language are those most likely to meet our readers’ needs.
When evaluating an article, opt-in opinions or an idea, our editors often look for two things:
- How compelling is the insight? and,
- How much can it benefit managers in practice?
GCF requires that authors write a one-to-two page (500 – 800 word with copy righted and license free images, photographs, and diagrams) narrative outline laying out the structure of the article and describing each important point in a separate paragraph by illustrating their points with real-world examples.
Some of the questions our editors ask themselves when evaluating your article are:
- Is this a new idea? If not, does it offer a new and useful perspective on an existing idea?
- What is it based on? What are its antecedents?
- Did it persuade me?
- Could it be put into practice?
- Where are the holes in the thinking?
- Did I find it interesting? Would GCF readers find it interesting?
- Does it address an issue that matters to managers?
- Is the author trying to sell the reader something, and would the reader need to consult the author?
- Are there good illustrations used to illustrate a multitude of other models, or other points of view?
Each issue of GCF magazine contains feature rich articles with an in-depth rigorous presentation in making the case for climate change financing and its application in the real world of business.
The articles can be about 500 – 650 words with copy righted and license free images, photos, and diagrams that represents a thought-provoking, often surprising new thinking in moving the climate change debate even further.
These articles help managers, investors, and stakeholders establish an intellectual agenda for discussion and change within their companies, and for the most part, it can help a CEO just at the crucial moment of making a decision for his or her company which is why these articles forms a peer forum for CEOs to share experiences learned the hard way.
The GCF Case Study can be a fictional account of a business dilemma with advice from several experts suggesting how to solve that dilemma.
The GCF Interviews are short interviews with or without a video of leading figures from the World’s top-sustainability experts about his or her career, focusing on decisions, challenges, and experiences that resonate to other managers in the climate change arena.
GCF prefer that articles should be punctilious about giving credit to all direct quotations, paraphrased statements, and borrowed ideas, and to improve the flow of the prose, we prefer to incorporate attributions into the text whenever we can.
Please be aware that our editors will know exactly which ideas, and what language, are yours and which ones are drawn from someone else. For example, if your submission is accepted for publication, we will work with you to determine which sources need to be cited and in what way.
In addition, please tell us about any financial relationship you may have with companies cited in the proposed article. We need to know if you have a consulting relationship, for example, or if you serve on a board of directors.
Nearly all GCF articles undergo extensive editing and rewriting, and GCF typically holds copyright on the finished product. Authors continue to own the underlying ideas in the article.
Please, kindly send your proposed article to our mailing address at:- Global Climate Finance, 372 Old Street, Suite 132, London, EC1V 9AU
GCF deeply appreciates the time and energy required to prepare and write an article for our publication, and we are grateful to you for that investment. We are always looking for new sources of solid, useful and practical ideas that can improve the lives of people and create jobs.
We do not pay for articles or internship work, and all contributors are regarded as volunteers.
Finally, because of the volume of submissions we receive, we are not able to respond substantively to everyone, but we do read them all closely, and we will do our best to respond within a reasonable time. We thank you again for your interest.